WHO WE ARE: CALIFIA FARMS
We're Califia Farms (Califia, pronounced like California), the plant-powered food and beverage company of the future. Our mission is to innovate delicious plant-powered foods for mindful nourishment. We're led by beverage visionary Greg Steltenpohl, crafting, concocting and cold-brewing beautifully bottled goodness from the San Joaquin Valley. Our name comes from the Spanish legend of warrior Queen Califia, the goddess of bounty and abundance who ruled over the mythical island of California. We make our daily decisions using these five core values: Do, Learn Improve; Act Like an Owner; Challenge the Status Quo; The Bottle is Half Full; and Using our Sixth Sense (being conscious of our impact on others and the planet).
In a snapshot:
This is a newly created role reporting to the CFO. We are seeking an experienced an analytically-driven Freight Analyst to analyze the financial impact of freight spend and develop monthly metrics and reports to support business decisions.
• Perform freight optimization analysis and provide recommendations on reducing costs and driving profit of corporate transportation
• Provide assistance and recommendations for continuous improvement opportunities with freight payment processes
• Interface with carriers to improve efficiency, productivity, communication, and processes to ensure expectations are met
• Establish cost effective domestic and international freight rates
• Maintain listing of approved carriers, pricing and contract rates and update as needed
• Analyze performance of our daily inbound/outbound logistics
• Prepare ad-hoc reporting to support business decisions
• Investigate and resolve all claim issues for all inbound/outbound shipment process for both international and domestic freight and communicate resolution to appropriate departments
• Identify issues and offer suggestions on how to improve carrier contracts by addressing issues and violations
• Analyze freight carrier invoices by identifying and verifying rates and guidelines in carrier contract prior to approving for payment
• Update and maintain database of historical freight payment details for reporting and analysis purposes
• Utilize internal and external data to analyze freight payment trends
• Audit freight bill invoices for accuracy to contracted rates and completeness. Generate audit-related reports, including regular reporting and ad hoc reporting requests
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Logistics/Supply Chain Management preferred
• 3-5 years of relevant experience
• Strong understanding of inbound/outbound logistics process
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Must have intermediate to advance level Excel skills
• Ability to prioritize tasks and meet project deadlines
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.