WHO WE ARE: CALIFIA FARMS
We're Califia Farms (Califia, pronounced like California), the plant-powered food and beverage company of the future. Our mission is to innovate delicious plant-powered foods for mindful nourishment. We're led by beverage visionary Greg Steltenpohl, crafting, concocting and cold-brewing beautifully bottled goodness from the San Joaquin Valley. Our name comes from the Spanish legend of warrior Queen Califia, the goddess of bounty and abundance who ruled over the mythical island of California. We make our daily decisions using these five core values: Do, Learn Improve; Act Like an Owner; Challenge the Status Quo; The Bottle is Half Full; and Using our Sixth Sense (being conscious of our impact on others and the planet).
In a snapshot:
SUMMARY: Responsible for operating equipment for production lines. Serve as a contact for plant leadership, shift lead, and supervisor effectively communicating any potential issues and help maintain an orderly, sanitary and safe environment. This position is also responsible for interacting and maintaining positive and professional relationships with all visitors and management.
• Can efficiently operate and changeover packaging equipment
• Ensure machines are calibrated and recalibrated before and after production
• Work hand in hand with maintenance during breakdowns to understand equipment functions
• Troubleshoot machine problems to determine actual faults
• Controlling and adjusting machine settings
• Maintain factory OEE standards
• Fill out daily production logs, paperwork, as needed for proper documentation
• Perform general cleanup and maintenance of your work area
• Effectively communicate operational issues with Plant Leadership
• Operate the machinery in a safe & efficient manner
• Follow and monitor GMP, HACCP guidelines, Injury & Illness Prevention Program, Food Safety, LOTO, & SOPs procedures
• Assists in providing safe working conditions for all employees and visitors
• Develops and maintains positive and professional relationships with all visitors, employees, and management
• Works with QA department to test quality of products and materials
• Must be able to efficiently start-up/shut down the production lines
• Other jobs and duties assigned by the plant leadership
• Quality of Work & Adaptability
o Commitment to excellence (through consistent standards.)
o Demonstrate team first behavior and dependable performance
o Maintain training compliance
• Job Knowledge & Communication
o Effectively demonstrate competency and knowledge of equipment
o Ability to operate equipment in primary function
o Effective verbal and written communication
• Problem Solving & Decision Making
o Gather and analyze information skillfully
o Exhibit sound judgement, integrate appropriate staff through strategizing
o Develop comprehensive project initiatives
• Teamwork & Dependability
o Collaborate and engage with team to accomplish common goal
o Contribute and establish exceptional customer service
• 2 years’ experience in Manufacturing – Production experience preferred
• ERP experience and basic computer knowledge.
• Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to speak, write, and read English is a must. Spanish is a plus.
• Ability to stand, kneel, bend over, climb stairs and ladders and lift/move up to 50 pounds.
• Proficient in Microsoft programs and Red Zone application
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.