WHO WE ARE: CALIFIA FARMS
We're Califia Farms (Califia, pronounced like California), the plant-powered food and beverage company of the future. Our mission is to innovate delicious plant-powered foods for mindful nourishment. We're led by beverage visionary Greg Steltenpohl, crafting, concocting and cold-brewing beautifully bottled goodness from the San Joaquin Valley. Our name comes from the Spanish legend of warrior Queen Califia, the goddess of bounty and abundance who ruled over the mythical island of California. We make our daily decisions using these five core values: Do, Learn Improve; Act Like an Owner; Challenge the Status Quo; The Bottle is Half Full; and Using our Sixth Sense (being conscious of our impact on others and the planet).
In a snapshot:
This position will support the needs of teams across Califia while being an expert on data architecture and presentation to create, maintain, and administer data depots that help us better understand our business. This position will turn data into a craft and a discipline that returns increasing value at Califia.
• Responsible for designing and running a tight data system that scales without losing sight of optimization, performance, and the scheduling of ETL processes;
• Design and build new systems that unlock value found in data and make it visible to others
• Help ensure real time analytics are reliably available to teams (Sales, Manufacturing, etc.) who depend upon up-to-date data.
• Work to accurately aggregate and analyze application and system performance metrics to provide deeper insight understanding of the player experience
• Be a data guru at Califia; establish and standardize practices around data and mentor others.
• Help design and optimize data warehouse and database schemas, administer MS SQL, as well as automate our deployment, monitoring, and alerting systems
• Eventual building out of the department with on and off shore resources with full DevOps responsibilities.
Data: the position is expected to be a pro at data infrastructure, data warehouse installations, and data flow with 8+ years of experience. An experienced Subject Matter Expert on best practices with data. Extensive experience with data quality, relational database, and have developed/maintained internal tools. Past experience with BI, reporting, and data mining required.
Technical: robust SQL skills against a primarily MS stack which revolves around SFDC, Ross, and various hosted applications. Proficiency in Windows and Linux with familiarity in languages such as Java, C/C++, and .NET accompanied by a strong understanding of systems administration.
Data Visualization: the proven ability to make data tell a story with graphs or other forms of visualizations; experience with tools such as QlikView, Power BI, or Tableau.
Innovation: this position requires a skilled lateral thinker, pulling insight from data and free-associating unique perspectives on problems.
Impactful: the ability to decrease data footprints and increase insights exponentially; this position doesn’t build individual solutions – this position constructs platforms to serve entire problem spaces;
Communicator: this position will be expected to interpret a teams' implied needs to offer useful guidance. Communicate easily in the most appropriate medium and extremely comfortable in collaborating with any specialty of Califian including Plant Managers, Social Media Marketers, Warehouse staff, and the C-Level.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.