WHO WE ARE: CALIFIA FARMS
We're Califia Farms (Califia, pronounced like California), the plant-powered food and beverage company of the future. Our mission is to innovate delicious plant-powered foods for mindful nourishment. We're led by beverage visionary Greg Steltenpohl, crafting, concocting and cold-brewing beautifully bottled goodness from the San Joaquin Valley. Our name comes from the Spanish legend of warrior Queen Califia, the goddess of bounty and abundance who ruled over the mythical island of California. We make our daily decisions using these five core values: Do, Learn Improve; Act Like an Owner; Challenge the Status Quo; The Bottle is Half Full; and Using our Sixth Sense (being conscious of our impact on others and the planet).
In a snapshot:
The Trade Marketing Manager is responsible for developing channel-specific trade promotion and customer development strategies. This role serves as the key point of contact between Executive Leadership, Marketing, Operations, Finance, and Field Sales teams to ensure streamlined communications and achievement of key field sales objectives – volume, profit, and trade investments. This person will be responsible for providing sales insights and analysis, developing go-to-market strategies, creating 4P’s direction (MAPS), KPI tracking, and working across multiple departments to create sales materials for new product introductions.
This position will collaborate and work closely with cross functional roles on a regular basis, including: field sales, demand planning, sales operations, marketing, and finance.
• Ability to understand key issues and opportunities for each channel / customer; provide direction and guidance to both field sales and marketing teams in support of these opportunities
• Be the inside sales advocate for customer trade requirements and ensure these are captured in annual plans
• Heavy analytical skills and the ability to identify and convey opportunities and solutions – not just reporting the data
• Experience creating internal and external presentation materials & customizing decks to support new initiatives
• High degree of attention to detail
• Ability to anticipate business needs and influence change to drive actionable and tangible results
• Self-Starter: must have ability to work independently and proactively but seamlessly transition into team collaborative environment
• Must be able to work in a dynamic work environment and able to effectively manage change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
• Resourceful – the ability to make a lot out of a little
• Accountability – takes responsibility for actions
• Able to influence & lead non-direct reports in a fast-paced team setting with an entrepreneurial mindset
• Strong presentation skills - able to travel when necessary to train broker teams, present to retailers, and influence key decision makers
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred with 5 years’ experience in Sales / Business Planning / Trade Promotion Management / Trade Marketing in Food and Beverage industry
• Good understanding of Customer Management & Selling Process
• Strong critical analysis and strategic skills
• Experience creating annual budgets and budget management
• Proven analytical skills
• Strong knowledge of Syndicated Data (SPINS, Nielsen/IRI, Panel Data, etc.)
• Strong oral, written communication, and presentation skills
• Computer proficient (Microsoft Office, Nielsen/IRI)
• Good interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.